Saturday, April 14, 2012


                    THE BEGINNING OF “THE END”


Tonight is Prom.  That’s cool...prom happens every year, everywhere….to everyone.  I went to prom, so did my parents, my siblings, my older kids, etc…..but this one is different….it’s my BABY’s SENIOR prom….and I honestly thought I was ok with this…glad, in fact….and I am….sort of.


You see, I have managed to avoid thinking about this being her LAST year of high school to this point….yes, it’s close to the end of the school year, I’ve known it was coming for quite some time…yet those things like senior pictures (scheduled for 2 weeks from now) , a GRADUATION party   (yeah, that’s scheduled too) and Prom are the things that are starting to shake me into reality….It’s over.   It’s over , and it’s ok. My daughter is (almost) grownup…she is smart, and beautiful, and creative….and everything I’d ever hoped she’d be and more…and I got to be a part of shaping that…how could I not be ok with THAT…



 Yet, as she got all fancied up tonight in her beautiful dress, and “blingy “ ( yes, that is now a word) shoes, and pinned a flower to her young mans’ lapel…. I felt just a little crack in my armor…. Maybe this is going to be a littler harder than I thought……

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sweetie she will always be your baby girl no matter how old she gets, where she is in her life and she will always need you both no matter how old she gets. She is the most wonderful young lady and you and Daron should be very proud. Whenever you need a cup of tea and a pep talk just give me a call. I love you blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete